Sunday, March 1, 2015

Puppy Play Time: 4 Top Toys

“Dog toy” is like the swear word of the house.  We don’t like to talk about them because we can’t seem to find a toy that will last longer than 20 minutes in our house.  I have noticed that anything with a seam or squeaker seems to be instantly shredded to pieces.  The squeaker is the prize in the center for my dogs and they like to throw it around and squeak it all day. 

Remember to always monitor your pets when they are playing.

Having three dogs who are avid chewers, shredders, or destroyers, if you will, makes buying toys more difficult than doing a backflip.  And toys aren't cheap!  I have compiled a list of the longest lasting toys (with one fun, bonus surprise toy) that have survived the greatest test of all: facing the wolf pack!



The Nylabone is a long lasting chew toy that doesn’t splinter or break apart.  This is one of my top favorites because of its durability.  They also come in different flavors!


I have one dog in particular that loves tennis balls.  The KONG ball seems to be the longest lasting tennis ball I have found.  An all around classic toy!


Tuffy’s Ring toys are very long lasting and durable.  They work well for tug-of-war and even can be thrown like a disc! 



This toy is great in our house.  A multi-purpose toy that they can gnaw on and get treats out of the center from.  The KONG is such a great, long-lasting toy because the pups never get too caught up on trying to tear out seams and can get their favorite treats inside with a little bit of effort!


To be honest, this line of toys run very cheap and I am so surprised that they have lasted so long in my house.  My dogs love these toys and seem to just enjoy throwing them around with each other.  

What is your pets favorite toy?  Comment below!

10 comments:

  1. Love your blog! My cousin has always had an affinity to dogs and I can't wait to introduce her to your blog! Great job!
    William

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute blog! My dog is exactly the same way... avid chewer. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find toys to withstand the avid chewers.

      Delete
  3. My pups love Kongs! Too bad most other things, the monsters tear apart! I typically stick to Nylabone and Kong products because they can't bite through them as much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain on that! I'm sure if they worked at the toys long enough they would shred them up but I try to rotate out toys to get a longer use out of them.

      Delete
  4. Lisa,

    I must say, you've got an outstanding blog!

    As a dog owner myself, this post, as well as all of your other posts provide such important and/or useful information.

    I actually work at a local TSC until I graduate in the next couple weeks, which happens to sell each of the toys you've mentioned, except the Petco toy. The first four toys you cover are some of our best sellers! I've recommended these based off of how well they sell and occasional customer comments, I'm glad I found your blog, especially this post. It has provided me excellent and highly useful information to convey to my customers.

    Best regards,

    -Mike_TMMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! These are really the only toys my dogs can play with that don't immediately get ripped to shreds!

      Delete
    2. Lisa,

      Great post! I have a Cavalier King Charles and she LOVES her Kong! We actually got some doggy peanut butter to put inside and it keeps her busy all day!!

      Delete